PinyinSudoku

    学无止境 - There's no end to learning, so keep on...

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Heading for HSK4

Well even if I don't post here frequently, I am keeping at it with Chinese, following along my classes, sometimes even doing the homework 🤭

After the setback caused by the 冠状病毒 (guānzhuàng bìngdú, corona virus), which caused a higher workload in my job, as well as setting up some special projects there, I am now determined to finally taking the HSK4 test this year. 


This is not an easy feat, as it requires twice the vocabulary as the HSK3 test, in listening, reading and writing 😬 Our highly esteemed classmate, who had always been the one to give the most eloquent and correct answers, had moved on to the highest class in our language school last year. And even he failed in the first try of the HSK4...

I remember how frustrating the HSK3 test was and right now, I feel even less prepared for the next one but I told myself, I can not be learning Chinese for years and years and not take on the next level. Gamification, right? 😅 


I am not quite sure which test I will be able to take, though 🤔 The old 汉语水平考试 (Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì) or the new one, as they have changed the regime in 2021 but there is no information on this year's tests yet by the test center I am attending. The old HSK4 comprises of 1,200 Words (1,071 single characters), and the new one of 3,245 😱 That would mean I'd have to take the new HSK3 test, comprising of 2,245 words... or even the new HSK2 which goes by 1,272...? Well, I haven't seen the new word lists yet. Anyways, I'll take one or the other.

These days, I am entertaining myself with mass sentence learning (listening to dialogues while e.g. baking), looking up works, practicing new characters and 复习 (fùxí) reviewing the old-HSK4 vocabulary. Fun times!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive